(from David Letterman)
David Letterman's nightly Top 10 List was a comic ritual, and one of the reasons viewers tuned in the late night host. The Top 10 countdown has poked fun at celebrities, items in the news, and at various professions.
On Friday, Aug. 19, 1994, it was chiropractor's turn to be lambasted by Letterman. The good news is that they didn't refer to chiropractors in a generic way, but to "bad" chiropractors, and boy are these chiropractors bad.
In a sense we know chiropractic has arrived when it gets this kind of "exposure." So, if you missed it, this may be worth a few good laughs.
Letterman's Top 10 Signs You've Gone to a Bad Chiropractor
- When you walk, you make a wacky accordian sound.
- Keeps saying, "A spine is like a box of chocolates."
- Repeatedly says, "You a cop? You sure you ain't no cop?"
- Over and over, you hear crunching sounds followed by, "Uh-oh."
- There's a two-drink minimum.
- At end of session, lies down on the table and says, "My turn!"
- He was nowhere near Woodstock and yet he's covered with mud.
- Rushes in late to your appointment still wearing his Burger King uniform.
- Hints that for an extra $50, he'll "straighten" something else.
- You're fully clothed and he's naked.